‘What is a Unit of Alcohol?’
Alcoholic drinks come in many colours, shapes and sizes. They can be fizzy or flat, sweet or dry, natural and organic or flavoured and full of science.
It’s why units are a clever way to help you know just how strong your drink is. Which is why our client Drinkaware wanted a new and engaging way for people to learn how to use the unit guidelines to help them know, no matter what their favourite tipple, just how much alcohol was likely to be in it.
We recommended video, and in particular an animated infographic on alcohol units. For Drinkaware, using video is not simply about view counts, or helping with SEO. It’s not about the video that you produce ‘going viral’. It’s about it informing and influencing individuals and doing so in such a way that it:
- Adds ‘value’ above and beyond the facts as laid out in web copy.
- Uses the power of moving pictures, voice and music to inform people of facts in a highly persuasive way.
- Entertains and engages them to want to know and do more.
- Educates viewers about units, unit guidelines and health harms.
- Provides people with information and empower them to make a positive change to their relationship with alcohol.
The film was written by Goram & Vincent and designed and produced by Preset.