Seeking: QA Manager
Goram & Vincent is on the hunt for an experienced and motivated QA Manager. We work with household brands and some of the biggest retail / ecommerce brands in the world, and this is an opportunity to join one of the area’s most exciting, capable and ambitious ecommerce and development teams.
We’ve seen exciting growth over the last 4 years, having pretty much doubled our revenues (profitably) year on year on since 2016. We’re continuing to aim high, but with that growth comes a need to maintain the quality we’ve been building our name on so far, and that’s where you come in!
We have a relaxed but forward-thinking work culture focused on autonomy and accountability, as well as excellent career development opportunities. In this instance we’re looking for someone to take ownership of our testing and QA processes, rewrite the rule book if need be, and absolutely run with it. We have an already wonderful working relationship established between QA, and the engineering and project teams, and if you’ve ever struggled with friction or animosity aimed at QA, we think you’ll find things a breath of fresh air at Goram & Vincent.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, while collaborating closely with our development and project management leads, and supporting the wider development and commercial teams, this is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious and passionate QA Manager to help us in this next chapter of growth.
About the Role
You’ll be our vanguard for everything quality in our business, and you’ll find yourself working closely day to day with the Development and DevOps leads, as well as the Accounts and Projects leads to ensure everything we deliver is to the standard that G&V’s leadership team and our clients expect.
Our business focuses on the Magento 2 Ecommerce platform and we currently look after stores spread across 18 time zones from Mexico to New Zealand. We’re responsible for combined annual revenues across all our sites of around £200m per year. With the stakes this high, QA can’t be an afterthought.
You’ll play a pivotal role in defining, executing and maintaining G&V’s testing and QA processes across our core platforms. You will play a key role in directly managing, nurturing and growing the QA team inline with the wider agency growth.
We currently have a mix of manual and automated testing processes which we’ll need you to come in and take ownership of. But we’re not just looking for a ‘caretaker’ to look after what we have today, we’re also looking for someone with the motivation to come in and continue to drive our QA processes forward and not settle for just ‘good enough’.
While we’re not specifically looking for someone from a test engineering background, anyone with some engineering skills and looking to develop them further, will catch our eye. First and foremost though, it is someone from a hands on testing/analysis background that we need.
Supporting the commercial team you will be accountable for documenting and demonstrating the ongoing value added by our QA processes. In supporting the development team you will play an educational role in helping them to pre-emptively code for quality and embrace/integrate with the QA process as a whole.
- Have a diligent and sharp eye for what “good” looks like
- Be able to translate complex briefs and scopes into testing plans and roll these out
- Enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated, with natural relationship building talents and a desire to help the team and our clients achieve their objectives to the highest standards
- Forward-thinking and innovative, you have an in-depth knowledge of digital platform/systems testing (and, ideally, ecommerce) with your finger on the pulse of industry and sector trends
- Work flexibly and create, adapt and change QA processes to suit the project, the client, the team and the platform
- Champion quality and executing brilliant work within the business and help the commercial team to tell our clients and the rest of the world how good we are
- Be an effective communicator, documenting and articulating the processes you design, roll out and manage to a variety of team members and stakeholders
- Be comfortable talking tech to clients and supporting the commercial team in their front-line support duties
- Have a strong sense of projects and priorities, ensuring the project teams are able to deliver on quality, to the brief, on time, and to budget
- Passionate about G&V: take everything we ship personally and be the custodian of ever higher standards of work within the agency
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience working client or agency-side as a QA Manager with a track record of designing, rolling out and executing QA processes for med-large projects and organisations, as well as managing QA testers
- A self-starter: resilient, tenacious, ambitious with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Target-orientated: you will be responsible for setting and maintaining the agency’s quality targets
- A diplomatic people-person, advocate and teacher
- Comfortable understanding and talking digital/tech at a client level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- A strong team player: we’re all about the teamwork
- An excellent communicator and motivator: you lead from the front and are both commercially-aware and results-driven
- Any test engineering knowledge, and experience in automated browser testing using things like Selenium are nice to have
You will be joining one of the area’s hungriest, most capable and ambitious ecommerce teams where you’ll be playing a pivotal role in helping us take things to the next level with some of the most exciting and ambitious ecommerce brands in the world right now. We offer a relaxed, inclusive work environment and culture.
We also offer:
- 20 days holiday + an extended Christmas break
- Your birthday off
- We also work a nine-day fortnight (you get every other Friday off)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Great coffee (our own brand!)
- Investment in Tools – we don’t scrimp on technology, be it hardware, software or external services
- A supportive and nurturing environment
- We’re a nice, friendly bunch
Goram & Vincent is a Bristol-based agency specialising in enterprise-level ecommerce. Big brands with big ambition need an agency that matches their perspective, not size. That’s us. Enterprise-level ecommerce with small agency agility.
How to Apply
To apply, send us an email detailing why we should hire you, your CV, along with work examples, side projects, salary expectations and/or anything else you think we’d like to see to email@example.com.