Seeking QA Tester
Testing, Testing, Check. One, Two, Check!
Goram & Vincent is looking to expand its testing team by adding a new QA Tester to our ranks. We work with household names and some of the biggest retail / ecommerce brands in the world, and this is an opportunity to join one of the area’s most exciting, capable and ambitious ecommerce development teams.
We’ve grown our agency 50% YOY over the last three years and we’ve set ourselves the ambitious target to do that again – so we’re aiming high. But with that growth comes a need to maintain the quality we’ve been building our name on so far, and that’s where you come in!
About the Role
Reporting directly to the QA Manager, you’ll be collaborating closely with our development, project management and accounts team leads. QA plays a pivotal, highly integrated role in the agency and you can expect to be included at all stages of the project life cycle.
As well as undertaking day to day QA testing duties, you’ll be expected to support the QA Manager in designing, planning, estimating and executing test strategies for all our projects. You’ll also be supporting the QA Manager in driving our QA capability going forward, particularly in the areas of test automation, real-time monitoring and load/peak testing.
Supporting the wider teams you will contribute to ongoing efforts to document and demonstrate the ongoing value added by our QA processes. In supporting the development team you will play an educational role in helping them to pre-emptively code for quality and embrace/integrate with the QA process as a whole.
- Have a diligent and sharp eye for what “good” looks like
- Be expected to help translate briefs and scopes into testing plans and roll these out
- Be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated, with natural relationship-building talents and have a desire to help the team and our clients achieve their objectives to the highest standards
- Have a forward-thinking mindset and be driven by innovation
- Work flexibly and create, adapt and change QA processes to suit the project, the client, the team and the platform
- Champion quality and executing brilliant work within the business and help the commercial team to tell our clients and the rest of the world how good we are
- Be an effective communicator, documenting and articulating the processes you help design, roll out and manage to a variety of team members and stakeholders
- Be comfortable talking ‘tech’ to clients and supporting the commercial team in their front-line support duties
- Have a strong sense of projects and priorities, helping the project teams to deliver on quality, to the brief, on time, and to budget
- Be passionate about G&V: take everything we ship personally and be the custodian of the ever-higher standards of work within the agency
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience working client or agency-side as a QA Tester – with experience in ecommerce or transactional environments a bonus
- However, anyone looking for their first role in QA showing the right attitude will be considered
- A self-starter: resilient, tenacious, ambitious with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Diplomatic and comfortable when helping people work through difficult problems
- Comfortable understanding and talking digital/tech at a client level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- A strong team player: we’re all about the teamwork
You will be joining one of the city’s hungriest, most capable and ambitious agency teams where you’ll be playing a pivotal role in helping us take things to the next level with some of the most exciting and ambitious ecommerce brands in the world right now. We offer a relaxed, inclusive work environment and culture.
We also offer:
- 20 days holiday + an extended Christmas break
- Your birthday off
- We also work a nine-day fortnight (you get every other Friday off)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Investment in Tools – we don’t scrimp on technology, be it hardware, software or external services
- A supportive and nurturing environment
- We’re a nice, friendly bunch
Goram & Vincent is a Bristol-based ecommerce agency specialising in design, build and optimisation. Big brands with big ambition need an agency that matches their perspective, not size. That’s us. Enterprise-level ecommerce with small agency agility.
How To Apply
To Apply, send us an email detailing why we should hire you, your CV, along with work examples, side projects, salary expectations and/or anything else you think we’d like to see to firstname.lastname@example.org.